Charting Software for day trading stocks can be used for other markets as well. Some of my visitors will be interested in trading futures, forex, currencies, options or commodities rather than stocks. So, just to let you know the charting software that I mention below, support those markets too.
I'm not going to waste your time by writing about any charting programs, that are not at least above average. All of the charting programs below have good looking, professional quality charts with loads of indicators & oscillators, adjustable technical analysis features, decent drawing tools and highly customizable charting settings.
These platforms for the financial markets have been around for years, are popular choices, have high overall ratings by users and are mostly stable in high volume markets.
I say "mostly stable", because there is not one software on the market that is perfect.
All are going to have their share of 'hiccups' during high volume periods or have slight glitches with ordinary use. Although, I have to say trading software has gotten much better over the years.
These are all desktop-based, downloaded programs that are of much higher quality than you'll find with the web-based, stock charting software that brokerage firms give you to use for free.
Some of these programs will do much more than just put up price charts and indicators. Some will also do order entry, trade management, backtesting, etc.. Therefore, you'll see them listed on other pages in different categories, as well.
If you're a beginner, I encourage you to try out as many software demos as you have the time/patience for. By doing this, you will learn quite a bit, very quickly about what trading-related charting software developers have to offer you. You might notice something that you may not need now, but could possibly use down the road, once your trading knowledge has further developed.
Here's some links to charting software that will be worth your time to check out. I have personally used most of them over the years.
- Monthly fee
- Supports many data sources -- Does not provide data
- Real-time market data Play Back feature allow you to practice your trading
- Can display Range, Volume and Tick Charts
- ESPL language allows you to program your own custom studies and trading systems
- Level II screen, dozens of chart studies and drawing tools
- Proprietary Ensign Map study
- Very low monthly fee
- Integrates with various data feeds and brokers -- Does not provide data
- 120 Technical Indicators, Level II quotes, Time and Sales, alerts, news monitoring
- A free trading software version is available.
- One-time license fee includes 12 months of upgrades
- Multiple data source support (eSignal, Interactive Brokers, etc.)
- Object-oriented drawing tools
- Drag-and-drop indicator creation
- Can use slider for changing indicator parameters
- Ability to make custom indicators with AFL language, many classic indicators already included.
- Many different chart interval supported
- Supports free historical data and fundamental data downloads from sources such as Yahoo Finance
- Low monthly fee
- Can provide historical data and supports many external data sources
- 300+ fully customizable technical studies and indicators.
- Supports custom indicator and study creation
- Can create second, tick, range, and volume charts
- Trade directly from the charts
- Advanced TPO Profile charts
- Monthly fee, including data. Different plans for individual requirements.
- Comprehensive and customizable set of technical indicators
- Ability to create custom indicators and studies
- Many interactive drawing tools
- An "Update All" function for making global changes across all charts
- Enhanced market profile window
- From 60 days to 13 years of Intraday data history is available
- Monthly fee (free, if meet minimum criteria)
- Includes real-time data and extensive historical database
- Has over 100 of the most popular indicators, including 7 fundamental charting indicators
- Many different built in paintbar, studies and alerts
- Using their 'EasyLanguage', you can create custom indicators, studies and paintbars.
- Ability to compare multiple symbols and/or time intervals on one chart
- Extensive array of drawing tools
- Huge selection of third-party add-on products to choose from
- Monthly fee or Lifetime License
- Supports many different data providers
- MultiCharts is EasyLanguage (developed by TradeStation) Friendly
- Create custom indicators, studies and alerts
- A broad range of drawing tools is available.
- Extensive arsenal of technical analysis indicators and signals
- Lease or Own
- Over 100 technical indicators
- Multi-series charting (mix any time frame and any instrument)
- Able to chart bid, ask or last prices
- Create custom indicators using NinjaScript
- Many different chart types and styles
- Ability to trade directly from charts
MORE CHARTING SOFTWARE
Used Any Of The Software Above? Write A Review!
Make Your Own Page On This Website!
Have you used any of the software above? Share your experience by telling others about it! How is it useful to you?
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...